Wednesday 13 April 2011

Single review: BoA I See Me

I See Me was a single released on December 6th last year, it was released as a digital single only. After the hit/miss of Woo Weekend (see here: http://jpopobsessed.blogspot.com/2011/04/single-review-boa-woo-weekend.html) I was interested to see if I See Me would prove to be a good single or a simple cash in for Christmas. Read my review below^_^

The song starts off with the sound of a piano playing before BoA begins to sing over a mid-tempo beat. Her vocals during the verses and not loud but are present and they sound well polished (much better than her vocals on No dance, no life). Once the chorus kicks in BoA's voice becomes a little quicker and the beat turns into a soft but faster beating sound. Personally I believe her vocals sound better in the verse than the chorus but overall she sounds better on this than anything on Woo Weekend. The lyrics talk about how the way she thought her life would be in her childhood haven't come out as she would have hoped. Unfortunately the song didn't recieve a PV.

"I see myself in the faraway scenery. I see me, I see me"



Overall I find this single to be weak, besides her great vocals the song drags on and halfway through you forget the song even is on, it becomes just background music. The chorus doesn't live up to expectations, when the chorus starts it sounds more like a pre-chorus and doesn't hit as high as I would have liked/thought. I wouldn't recommend buying this single.

No comments:

Post a Comment